4 TYPES OF SAVINGS (SHARE) ACCOUNTS
1. REGULAR SAVINGS: in order to have any other kind of account with us, and in order to be a member, you must have a regular savings account. After you open a regular account you may add one or two signers to your account (joint account). However, only one person on the account is considered a MEMBER of the CU. If your account is NOT joint, you may designate a BENEFICIARY.
2. SAVINGS SIMPLIFIER (sub-accounts): sort, separate and organize up to 9 savings accounts for various goals & needs, such as car repairs, vacations, taxes, insurances, tuition, down payments. All appear on ONE statement. To learn more, click here.
3. TRUST ACCOUNT: e.g., Fran Feminist As Trustee For Maria Madre
4. GIFT TO MINORS: the money is the minor's, you are a custodian; the taxpayer ID# is the minor's, e.g., Fran Feminist, Custodian for Mary Minor under Uniform Gift to Minors Act
These restrictions make Cal Feminist a good place to store long-term savings. We suggest you keep emergency funds elsewhere.
5. DO YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO SAVE MONEY OR WOULD YOU LIKE TO SAVE MORE? If you are a member--or once you join--ask us to mail or e-mail you, "How to Save Money." Contact Us. .
6. Truth-In-Savings Disclosure (including fees that may be charged to your savings account)
© 1998 - 2008 California Feminist Fed'l Credit Union