FOR OUR QUALIFYING ORGANIZATIONS & MANY OTHER GROUPS:
USE OUR SPEAKER TO:
(2) OFFER A WORKSHOP AND RAISE MONEY FOR YOUR ORGANIZATION
Within San Diego County: we'll make you a deal: guarantee us an audience of 15 or more in a non-smoking venue in San Diego County. If it's at a convenient time, we may be able to send you a speaker for free (if fewer than 15 people attend, we'll ask your group to contribute $100 to our Education Fund).
Outside of San Diego County: in addition to a modest fee, you will need to cover traveling expenses.
For details, contact the Credit Union with the proposed date, time, and location of your event. Click on How to Reach Us.
FOR MEMBERS ONLY:
FINANCIAL TUTORING, CAR VALUES & WORKSHEETS AT NO EXTRA CHARGE
Read our articles; fill out our worksheets; let our staffers answer your questions and stimulate your thinking:
1. BUYING NEW & USED CARS: stop being taken advantage of. Learn steps for buying--and negotiating for--new & used cars. Learn how you can pay LESS than you would if buying through a broker, WITHOUT paying broker's fees! Contact us for Red Book used car values ADJUSTED FOR MILES & OPTIONS.
2. CREDIT: learn how to:
--establish credit, if you have none
--improve your credit fitness if you've had credit problems
--plan your credit so you don't end up with too much
3. UNLEASH YOUR SPENDING POWER: learn how to PRIORITIZE your spending so that it REFLECTS your values and dreams.
Some financial education is available on this Web site, including:
· Business Loans & Resources
· Annual women’s Scholarship
· Temporary Housing
· Resources for Tax Preparation
· How to Shop for Mortgage Loans
· Loan Rate Discounts
· Types of loans—including Credit Builder Loans—and Loan Rates
· Applications for 3 kinds of loans:
o Credit Builder
o Loans backed by your savings account at Cal Feminist
o Loans backed by an account someone else has—or opens—at Cal Feminist
To find those listed above, click on “Services” and go from there. To print out a membership application & New Account Kit, click on “It's Easy to Join.” If you do not have access to a printer, go to "How/When to Reach Us" to find out how you can contact us to request a Membership Kit if you need one).
Other forms, articles, and worksheets are available to only members who currently have at least $50 in a Cal Feminist savings account. They include:
· Applications for other kinds of loans including, car, motorcycle, Motor homes, & mobile homes
· Spend less on necessities, more on your dreams
· How to Choose a Dental Plan (& resources for dental plans)
· How to Save More of Your Money
· Shut the Door on Plastic Card Crooks
· A Consumer Handbook to Credit Protection Laws
· "Alice in Debitland" (about debit cards)
· Inspection Forms for used cars, one to give to your mechanic, another for you.
· Setting Goals worksheet
· Spending Plan (with instructions on how to Keep a Spending Diary)
· Pay Less for your next new or used car
· How to Check your Credit Reports—and what to do next.
· Improve Your Credit Qualifications
· How Much Credit Can You Afford?
· Resources for discounts on prescription drugs
· Resources for group health insurance
To obtain these forms, you have options:
· If you’re not yet a Cal Feminist member:
o Join in our office during open hours & pick up the articles & worksheets when you’re here. For our open hours, directions to our office, bus & parking information, and accessibility, click on "How/When to Reach Us."
o Another option is to request them on your Membership App.
· If you are a member and your Cal Feminist savings balance is under $50 you may request the articles as soon as you've boosted your savings balance:
o If you’re the primary owner of a Cal Feminist savings account and your balance is at least $50, contact us. Provide us with:
o Your name
o Your savings account number
o A list of the forms you’d like
How you’d like us to get them to
you. Note: If your contact information with us is up to date,
that is all that you'll need to do. your contact information, that is all
that you will need to do. the fax, e-mail, or postal
address you leave is one we already have on file, that’s fine.
If not, please make up a list of forms you wish.
Then press zero seven to find
out how to change your contact info on
To find out how to contact us, click on
To find out how to contact us, click onHow to Reach Us.
© 1998 - 2008 California Feminist Fed'l Credit Union